Originally Posted by canyoncreek
but no otter poop with fish scales on the banks either right? It would seem the cause is a mystery without evidence of left over fish meals or otter poop left behind.

It sure is a beautiful sight for me to see those fat and sassy shrimp in your net though. Wow, they are beautiful!

I’m still amazed I have any of the shrimp. The US Mail didn’t deliver as planned from Nebraska, just a day or two late, but we had survivors. They like the leaf litter I have around the edges. So do the crawdads.

I found some otter scat right when I found the original 5 otters, then there was some maybe otter poop later. And what I thought might be a pathway. Certainly not enough to account for all the fish.

I hope it wasn’t a 2 legged poacher. I have game cameras up, but those can be circumvented if someone was determined.

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
Jeff, I can relate. Mine has been cormorants for the second year in a row. We added about a dozen 10 to 15 ft cedars a couple of days ago. Looks littered up and makes me consider just selling the place.

Dave, it looks like I’m going to put up an electric fence, if I can find one powerful enough that will run off of a deep cell battery. Two years ago we had a big wind event (tornado or straight line, not sure) and we lost so many big 100+ yr old trees I can’t count them all. Now this.. The thought of selling out has crossed my mind. At 69, running a chain saw all day isn’t as much fun as it used to be. Ha!

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023