I think it would be awesome to add some paddlefish. When I was working as a research associate in aquaculture we had paddlefish in some of our ponds. I think they came from our state hatchery which I believe no longer sells to the public. Do any hatcheries currently sell paddlefish? I've never seen them listed by anyone.

I thought the TFS and GSH would help consume large amounts of plankton. I asked an old coworker/county agent and his response was "once a bass eats a shad and digests it...the nutrients are right back in the lake". I'm assuming there's some conversion of nutrients into fish tissue however he didn't seem to think it was a good option unless I could somehow remove the larger shad from the lake.

We definitely have some wild blooms that I have to monitor closely. Luckily we haven't had any blue green blooms...knock on wood. I live close to the lake and can check it daily when I'm not away for work. Our big paddlewheel aerator should be good for about 12 acres (the front of the lake with only a few trees). We had to run it for a couple of weeks last summer when our bloom died. My only concern is that when we run it, seems to eliminate the thermocline. It held the lake DO at about 4 ppm but that's a little close for comfort IMO. The birds are out this year so hopefully that won't be a problem that adds to our nutrient loading.