All,

Thank you very much for the advice and insight. Allow me to provide some information as well as answer some of the questions.

First and foremost, based upon the guidance provided, it does not appear that I have a "properly built pond". However, I feel I would be remiss if I did not explain my process as to how I created my pond as there appears to be concerns about me having a "budget build" or "cutting corners".

This is my first experience with a pond. I know relatively little of pond construction or best practices from a personal standpoint. This is not a pond built but a friend, or a buddy that "has done it before". I did quite a bit of research to find a reputable fish hatchery in my state. I reached out to him prior to building the pond and explained my goal was to build a pond that grows trophy bass for myself and my family. He referred me to a "dirt guy" who has extensive experience in Western Kansas. Over a month or two, this referred person built my pond. At this point I petitioned the proper government agency's to allow me to install a completely separate well system specifically for my pond. (my property line is on a river, however I was told by the fisheries person that well water is ideal for what I was looking for as opposed to river water). After months of fighting, I was granted a permit. Then 2 more months later, I had someone to dig my well. 2 More months after that, I was able to install an 80GPM pump into my well and a gravity feed system to flow water into my pond.

I was asked about initial stocking. 100 catfish 8-12in, 20 grass carp (sterilized), 600 4-6in bluegill, 10,000 minnows, 20 redear sunfish. Bass were planned to be stocked this spring. (now) There were no other species in the pond as it was created from scratch.

As mentioned above, I realize I dont have a properly built pond. To my knowledge, I dont have a proper spillway or emergency spillway. I need to do some additional research on what that looks like from a construction , but from a couple of searches, I am lacking that in my pond.

The pond is primarily fed by a well. As mentioned, a river runs through my property, however the dam was built to keep water out of the river, not the opposite. Western Kansas has been in a drought situation for the past several years with minimal rain and watershed.

Below are 2 separate photos of the failed section showing a cross section of the compacting. I am not experienced enough to verify it is the multiple layers outlined, however it does not appear so from a laymans standpoint. With that said, I tried to post multiple pictures of the dam and pond as requested and can take more as necessary.

Lastly, I was asked where I was in Kansas. I am in Western Kansas near Hays and Dodge City. As a point of reference, almost everyone I have spoken to build catfish ponds. However, I am a bass fisherman and have focused on building a pond to grow for trophy bass. It is possible that is part of my difficulty in creating what I am looking for. However, it was my understanding (previously) that I had hired the correct people for the job. Clearly that does not appear to be the case.

With that said, I did a quick search here, but is there a specific link someone can provide relating to spillways that I can work on implementing immediately?

Several pictures below as requested:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]