Originally Posted by Reed Johnson
Hi all, wondering if any of you have come across tank/sprayer setups that have a metered-in source of liquid chems (copper) instead of needing to mix the solution in one tank. My problem I have is that my Udor Kappa 55 pumps get corroded so quickly, usually less than 6 months. I run clean water through them after each pond application, but the pumps just don't hold up. With them being $1100 each, it's not an efficient business practice! I'm trying to find a guide for a setup that would have a separate hose that meters in the cutrine at the gun or hose instead of going through the main pump. Thanks so much for any info!

Reed- Owner, Premier Ponds of Illinois

Are you treating from the bank, or from a boat? Also, how big are the ponds you're treating?

My spray boat has a simple adjustable inline venturi system with an independent chem tank that works well. It can completely shut off the chemicals, or it can flow at whatever rate I want. I added it on the pump outlet with pvc, so chemicals never touch the pump. Although my rig is just 1" to 1 1/2" hoses, it covers an acre fairly quickly. Normally, I'll treat no more than 2-3 acres (12 acre pond) in a day. Usually around 20 minutes per acre.

AL