It sounds like mine.

Birds cleaned me out a couple of years ago. I restocked and strung lines across the pond to restart. Everything was fine. Then, I wound up in the hospital for, I believe, either 20 or 24 days. Got out and had to learn to walk again. No muscle tone. Wasn’t allowed to ride a 4 wheeler. After about 4 to 6 months, they turned me loose and I went to the pond.

The water level had dropped and the birds had gotten under the lines again. I bought more fish. This has been a long recovery time and, at 80 yoa, I’ll never be 100% of what I was. We haven’t had rain in a heckuva long time and are 6 ft low. Hogs or something came through and busted some of the lines. And, the birds came again.

I’m going to restock; essentially start over again, but still need rain. Recent rains raised the water level about 2.5. feet but still need a lot more. I will, this time, get some lazy grandsons to cut and haul a bunch of cedars and install them for fish protection. That way, fish will have sanctuary at any water level.

The lines work well but are maintenance bound due to lack of rain.

I figure the birds are disappointed that I haven’t restocked yet.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP