Hi! I am newly registered here, though I've been lurking for a while. I am in south east Wisconsin. I own a 45 acre parcel that partially encompasses a 3 acre pond. The pond was dug summer of 2006 or 2007 as retention pond for a subdivision. My land covers approx 2/3s of the shoreline, there are 6 other waterfront lots on it, that are part of a larger subdivision development. Historically, my pond has had attempts at stocking/management made by homeowners. As far as I am aware now, no one except me will be attempting any fish management. That could change as housed are bought and sold. The current pond stocking situation is a growing LMB (possibly SMB-how do they do when mixed in a small pond?) numbers, and a pretty solid forage base of a few types of bluegills and sunfish. And, unfortunately, a pretty healthy population of common carp. We have worked at reducing the carp numbers, and will continue to do so. Seems like the bass are enjoying thier presence, as the ones I've caught are quite fat. I have been holding off on stocking minnows until I see that the carp are not keeping the bass fat. The other inhabitant of the pond is out Pudelpointer, Finley. She is pretty much in the pond sun up to sun down from ice out to when it freezes! And the kids love the ice rink I make on it in the winter.

The pond itself is 7/8ths unimproved shoreline, with willows and box elder hanging over, falling in and creating some habitat. There is a sewer type drain through the levee that limits water level. The shoreline is steep and firm enough that there is no emergent vegetation like cattails. Mostly native grasses growing right to the waters edge. The combination of carp and a pretty rocky bottom mean that we have very little submergent vegetation. I am an avid bass fisherman, as such, my goals for this pond will be action/numbers of bass, while keeping RW as high as possible, given the management limitations I will have, being partial owner.

I'll see if I can figure out how to share some pictures of our little slice of heaven, thanks for having me! The rest of the property is managed for trophy deer and turkeys (still working out the turkey thing!)

Attached Images
Screenshot_20230310_114213_Messages.jpg IMG_20230310_113447.jpg Screenshot_20230310_112320_Gallery.jpg
Last edited by Fintastixrods; 03/10/23 12:48 PM.