Totally off subject. I’m not at my pond. In fact, I’m down in Texas. We are camped at Goose Island State Park, near Rockport TX, which isn’t too far from Corpus Christi. We went over to the Aransas Wildlife Area a few days ago. On the way over we detoured over to check out the Guadalupe River for a future kayak trip. A small Buffalo ran across the road in front of us. Ha! It was one of those pigs you Texas guys are always talking about. My wife and I were both amazed at the size of it! We then drove the 20+ mile loop at the wildlife area. I think all 20 miles, on both shoulders of the road, were torn up by hogs. I first thought, wow they got their mower stuck i there, but it just kept going. They must have a huge hog problem there. The damage was incredible. I really hope they don’t move up across the MO River in Missouri.

FYI, the Guadalupe River is a no go for us as far as kayaks are concerned. The mosquitoes there are unbelievable. Reminded me of Canadian Boundary Waters after dark.. That, and two very big gators were laying on the bank, where we were supposed to launch a kayak. My wife vetoed the kayaking on the spot..
Ok, back to what’s going on at our ponds. wink

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023