So, I am returning to PondBoss from a 3+ year absence and a few things have changed including posting pictures to the forum. Doing a little search it appears quite a few people have it figured out, but several people have gotten frustrated and even quit trying to post pictures at all. However, I feel like pictures are a huge part of helping each other since we can see what the pond owner sees. So, I spent about an hour fumbling through the process and I figured out a fairly easy way to post pictures to where they will show up directly in your post without the reader having to click on a link. You will have to create a FREE flickr account, but this literally took less than 5 minutes to do. I am sure you can use any of the popular image sharing websites, but for this tutorial I chose to use flickr.

Once you create your flickr account click on the Upload Photo Button seen in the screenshot below:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]flickr - Upload by North Texas Half Acre, on Flickr

Once you have your photo(s) uploaded you will then click on the Share Photo Button seen in the screenshot below:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]flickr - Share Button by North Texas Half Acre, on Flickr

When you click on the Share button a window will pop up with Share, Embed, Email and BBCode as choices. Click BBCode, which stands for Bulletin Board Code. You can change the size of the image that will display in your post and then Copy/Paste the jumble of characters directly into your forum message. Do NOT click the Insert Image Link button in the forum header.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]flickr - BBCode by North Texas Half Acre, on Flickr

If all goes well your images should show up directly in your messages. Flickr also has phone apps that should work exactly the same. Hopefully this helps some to be able to finally post pictures.

B.Cody Note --- Thanks for this helpful information about posting pictures. I added a link to this thread and this new post to the Common Q&A Archives section.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/01/23 09:19 PM.

NTHA - North Texas Half Acre
Cattle Ranch Ponds