I went fishing yesterday, hoping to catch some catfish and completely confident that I would at least catch some bluegill to use as cut bait. I easily found some worms at the bottom of my compost pile but then couldn't get a bite from bluegill for about 20 minutes fishing in the same spot I caught a bucket full last weekend off the end of my dock. I moved over to the shallow end where the run off flows into the pond and couldn't get a bite there either. It's on the NE end and was catching the morning sun.

I moved over to the dam to fish for catfish in the deepest hole of the lake. I watched some youtube videos and looked up a few articles on winter fishing for channel catfish during the past week. It seemed like the advice was mostly pointing towards fishing in the deep water. Since I didn't have cut bait I went with worms and small pieces of summer sausage, which I also threw out in the area.

Didn't get a bite. It was very disappointing. I will try again someday when I can catch and cut up a few bluegill for bait.