The wife and I finally found some rec property, that may turn into main in 6-10 years. The pond is way less than what i have been looking for, but, it’s the clearest spring fed pond I’ve seen and my wife loves it. Barely over an acre with rocky bottom as its "newish". 16ft deep near levy and has plenty of shallow bank at the other end of pond. Previous owners had it re-dug last year to eliminate the creek that ran into and through it. Now, its fed by 3 springs and overflows at an existing spillway from before remodel. Johnny Morris looking pond.

They stocked with bass, 2 grass carp and some trout. Doubt the trout will make it. they also "said" bluegill but i haven’t seen any. My goal is MO trophy bluebill, which is 1lb+ & 10"+. Redear do well around here so wouldn’t mind those, but not if it worsened my BG population. Finally, would love to have some decent LMB as well, a 5lbr here and there. No interest in any other species. There is currently no structure and due to the clarity of the pond, vegetation will probably grow in most of the pond.

I don’t know what kind of vegetation, I’m a newb. I'm looking to set a game plan. Do i need structure? Do i need to keep the carp? etc... All of these I’ll start to try and answer by searching the forums. Feel free to point me in any direction you want. The owner said he'd put me in contact with the MO conservation rep that helped him stock it last year. Will run that down as well, but again, i was surprised they didn’t put any structure.