Originally Posted by Incept
Its about 200 yards giver or take. The plan was to run power out there until I priced out the wire. $9500 for copper and $5000 for aluminum. Might end up trenching air line instead however I'm not sure my wife will be keen on the sound of the compressor in the house. Looked at a solar system, was thinking I wanted to go that way, was quoted over $15000.. Soooo, I have winter to rethink things. Ideas?
Not trying to stop you from burying airline instead of electric (I have both), but if I read this correctly you could buy 200 yards of direct burial, 3 strand plus ground, 4 gauge for about $3600: Link. (And that's the first place I looked.)

I run 240 VAC, 50A a little over 150 yards through 6 gauge copper. This supplies plenty of juice for a 240 vac compressor. (I would want to go 4 gauge for a 200 yard run.)

Note: from that compressor location at pond #1, I run air through 1" black plastic water pipe about 220 yards to pond #2.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]