Originally Posted by Zep
Originally Posted by TX Chris
With our plans to start construction on our new house and shop ASAP, the ponds will take a back seat for the time being. After our house is built and we sell our current home, we'll tackle the ponds.

Chris...I am sure you have considered this, but shouldn't you get at least your long term pond plan down before you build a house? If you leave the ponds separate or end up combining them into one large pond wouldn't those decisions play a part in where you locate the house?

Excellent point and the house location is still up for discussion.

If we combine two ponds into one lake. the lake will be positioned in the back 1/3 of the property. I'm not super keen on placing the house 1,200+ feet away from the street so the house is next to the lake. That's a lot of driveway and fencing (we'll be running cattle on the property) and the driveway would split the property in half.

This image shows what I'm currently thinking for the house location but this is still very much an ongoing discussion. I also showed a rough outline for the three existing ponds and a very loose idea of what a combined lake could look like. The pond on the right likely will not change, other than possibly making it deeper some day.

For a scale reference, the property is almost exactly 2,000 feet long in the east/west direction. The house in this image is located 450' feet from the street and 350-375 feet from either neighboring house.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by TX Chris; 01/12/23 02:33 PM.