Scott, I’ve done that. When I shoot one I drag it out to an open area. Coyotes, buzzards, hawks and foxes all hit the table. Nobody gets to shoot a coyote on my land.

Pigs are, in Texas, vermin and are taking over the rural areas.

My grown Grandson, Trevor, and his buddy, Josh, trapped about 20 pigs in one trap set. They butchered them and hauled the meat home. A couple of days later Trevor got seriously Ill and we almost lost him. Although they couldn’t find a tick bite, the pigs and his sickness were the only thing the Doc’s could come up with.

I have one bunch (sounder) that is pretty tame. We were at my small pond at the back of the place tossing feed to the green sunfish. About 25 pigs of all sizes came up close to us and (about 10 feet) got in the water. I took a cell phone pic. Wife freaked out. When we left I looked back after going a couple of hundred yards and they were following us. We goosed it and went out a different direction. Due to ticks, I don’t like being around them. I have, on occasion, drug them to an open area and burnt them to kill the ticks.

Odd that I rarely see a tick on a deer.

BTW, the pigs migrated here and are spreading in all directions. Some day, sooner or later, you guys will also be able to ‘enjoy’ hunting them 12 months of the year.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 01/12/23 07:50 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP