Thank you for all the info so far! This is great. To answer a few of the previous posts. Yes, the water is very clear and clean, but i estimate the holding capacity of the pond about 3.8MM gallons. So i am refreshing less than 5% of the water per day. I had the water tested, and i am sure this will change over time but currently the ph is 7.68 Alkalintiy 87.I can easily slow down the flow if i need more algae growth. As far as the pellet and supplemental feed and treatments, those are a no go. I operate a sustainable organic homestead, so we are very sensitive to anything and everything that goes into our land and subsequently our food. If there are suggestions for supplemental food that i can provide/grow, i am all ears for that. We have plenty of organic material and animal byproduct i could use. I have not heard anything on the crawfish. Would this help our hurt my cause? I can also introduce log/tree habitat for minnows to hide and spawn, but i have read mixed reviews on adding the extra vegetation. Are there any other minnow varieties i should look into besides the GS and the FHM? Based on what everyone has recommended, i think my stocking plan will look as follows

50lbs GS and 50lbs FHM March 2023.
250 RES 4"+ Fall 2023.
500 YP 4'-6" Fall 2023
20 YP (as big as i can buy) Fall 2023
15 "6-8" WE Summer/Fall 2024

Crawfish??
Anyone have better suggestions for sourcing the fish outside of the fisheries i have identified?

Last edited by BCR Pond; 01/10/23 05:03 PM.