Lot's of good & interesting points coming out here. I'm assuming you are NOT planning to use fish feed; if you did feed, that would open up possibilities, but let's just assume you're not going to feed.

The specific goal of generating and regenerating eating-size Yellow Perch to be harvested presents an interesting challenge. I say this because there may be different & changing 'guidance' for the management of the pond in years 1, 2, 3, and 4, and past that.

Normally, we want to grow certain species of fish into 'large' fish. That means we have to control the population of the target fish species so that a certain subset will grow to large size while not having the overall population of said species to become stunted....hence the role of 'predator' fish. If you are going to take out a few hundred Yellow Perch each year, the main role of the 'predator' fish is somewhat diminished as you'll be taking a lot of the largest Yellow Perch out for consumption. You'll still need the next batch of Yellow Perch to grow to harvest size, so that next size class of YP needs to be in existence, and preferably not stunted so they can grow to potential.

In year 1, assuming a spring '23 stocking, you could start getting fatheads in the pond now, in large quantities, and they'll start spawning by early summer '23. If you found larger YP before May '23, those YP would have been born in Spring '22. If some of those '22-born YP are stunted, you may not see full growth potential there. Any Spring '23-born YP that you can source will be less than 4" by June-ish, and maybe 6-8" by Sept/Oct. '23, if they are feed with either pellets or baitfish. Most likely, if you get '23-born YP, you will not have a in-pond YP Spawn for '23. However, if you get '22-born YP, and get them into your pond before March '23, you might pull off a YP spawn for '23. For '23, you probably won't have desirable YP to harvest for table fare unless many of the stocker YP were in the 8" range when introduced to your pond; if so, your forage base (fatheads) may not be able to fully blow up as an 8" YP can eat a lot of adult fatheads. So, in year 1, if there's no spawn, predator fish would have no beneficial role. If you do pull off a spawn, it would most likely only be because you stocked near-adult YP and then you may have the chance to harvest some in the Fall '23, but again, your forage base may not be exploding.

Year 2 in 2024 should see a YP spawn, and decent potential for harvest, but you do need several hundred '24 YOY YP to survive to be the next harvestable crop. However, I don't see any '24 born YP being really edible until later in '25 and only if you still have an exploding forage base, and perhaps a very controlled predator base; whatever fish you use as a predator species, it will eat on the forage base also.

Year 3, 2025??? Who knows?

I think conventional wisdom says that if you have no type of predator fish, then the Yellow Perch will spawn without any check/control, and that could result in 1,000's of YP spread over the first stocker size class, and then a few smaller classes. So, I'm thinking to go light with predator fish as you can usually add more easily, but you can't easily reduce their numbers. As such, a predator fish with no chance or very small chances of spawning might be best; that would point to HSB and/or Walleye.

If your new YP pull off a spawn in 2023, then I might consider a small predator stocking in the Fall '23 followed by another small predator stocking in Spring '24. If the new YP don't spawn until Spring '24, then I would consider a small predator stocking in Spring '24, and again in Fall '24.

The Redear Sunfish (RES) will help keep snails out of your pond thus reducing grubs in the fish meat you want to eat. Those could go in in the next few months as has been suggested.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."