Update on the coveted perch pond. Fished the pond a quite a few times in the springtime. For a southeast IA pond I was surprised at the results I found. Along with some YP, I had stocked at the most, a handful of pumpkinseed sunfish as well. The growth of the pumpkinseeds was astonishing, but even more so, the growth they had achieved in such a small amount of time. Sure seems like I caught a lot more than I stocked, and they were mostly full grown seeming, which caught me off guard. Big hand sizers. We don't have them very regularly here in Southern IA in the lakes. Further north lakes, yes they're there. They were a blast plucking them out in the shallow moss and growth. As summer rolled in, their bite slowed. Onward with the green sunfish project. Trapped numerous out and caught a bunch as well. Took out a couple hundred easily. Was able to use a lot of them as flathead bait on the river nearby a few evenings. I did catch about a dozen YP. All were about 7 inches or so. I did select fish for male, arge mouth bass nearby, tried my best at picking out males only. I stocked 9 LMb with the sizes according to what I was told to stock above. Probably not near enough for the GSF population to get decimated by any means, but we will see. I will get on the ice there this winter to do some analyzing of what I have going on. A couple YP through the hole would have me smiling. I know they're in there still after my spring/summer analysis. I will build a pond one day, and YP will be the main theme!