Originally Posted by gehajake
Cant go wrong with a little chartreuse color added onto whatever you are fishing with for BG, I have a pretty good luck with the chartreuse Berkley niblets on a Charlie Brewers slider jig for Crappie and BG, usually the brighter the color, the better the BG like it, or in other words, wont leave it alone, Crappie are a little more finicky as to the color and retrieval speeds and action. also seems like every pond is different as to what colors work best, seems weird, but a color that works good in one pond will not work as good in another, and the crazy part is it wont change much. the next time you are back in that pond remember what color worked best last time in that pond.
Im tellin ya,, fishin ain't easy, or for the faint of heart. but my desire for fresh crappie fillets keeps me goin. one day at a time, one foot in front of the other!

So true on the color. Chartreuse seems to chase fish away in my pond. Even a green jig head on a white twister tail will stop them from biting it. Change the color of the head to any other color and they go back to grabbing it. Weird for sure.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).