Update on my pond.
HSB are growing like crazy, my wife caught one about 17 inches earlier this week, really a nice looking fish, she also caught one that was about 12 inches, she really liked the fight, I told her to wait and see what they are like when they start getting five or six pounds……
The FHM are about all gone now, I added another ten pounds last spring and they lasted about a week. Now the GSF are really getting hammered, I see about a third of what I used to see from the dock and shoreline, I am sure the HSB are putting them on the menu, and I hope the WE are joining in on the feast.You know, they are not as bad as I thought they would be, something in there sure likes em, they seem to be pretty good forage, so far…. Have not caught or seen a YP this whole season, hope they are still there. I just stocked another 15 HSB and 15 more WE today, they were all about 7 inches, I hope they can survive the gauntlet. Pond is down around 3 ft and the creek has almost dried up, just sporadic pools holding water, thank goodness I had the pond dug deep!! One question if you all don’t mind, do you think 40 HSB and 40 WE total are too many for my pond? I still see plenty of GSH anywhere from 5-8 inches, just not a lot of FHM,
Thanks, Gregg