Originally Posted by anthropic
Cold snap really put the fish out deeper, much less CNBG and LMB activity now. Last week, a buddy caught 20 LMB in 24 casts off the dock. Now you have to work hard to get a bite.

Still 3 feet low, maybe even a bit more. Desperately need rain. Some tilapia are still active, so the water obviously hasn't gotten to 52F yet. Feels like low 60s.

Rant: I hate the XY@#*@ stupid foot control electric motor on my pontoon boat! After a few years, no longer steered motor. Now, motor is completely dead even though battery registers as fully charged. Give me a simple, straightforward hand control electric motor every single time!

Bad news: First clear indication of poachers, a discarded beer can & fishing line on far shore opposite our dock. Good news: Happened within the last few days, after frost, so likely they didn't get many fish.

Fun news: We are setting up food plots for deer & my son & grandson got in some target practice this weekend. Hope the poachers will heed the dangers of trespassing on land where deer hunting is taking place.

I hate the XY@#*@ hand steer trolling motor on my boat, I have a ft controlled one on my main fishing boat but a cheaper hand controlled unit on a little flat bottom boat that I leave at the lake, that way if they steal it they aren't getting much but trying to fish and steer a boat by hand is for the birds.
Is there a place the poachers cross to get in to your place that you could be set with a camera that transfers to your phone? some times a well placed down tree or brush pile will guide them to a regular crossing place, much like deer. how far do you live from your pond?

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.