Scott, I started hand loading a LONG time ago. About 50 years ago. Got a used RCBS press, manuals and lots of gear from a newspaper ad. Still have that press but don’t use it.

I still have a couple of cans of HS5 and HS6 from that time. No idea if it’s still good and no way to find out. Why? Because it’s pistol powder and I can no longer hit anything with a handgun. Got old and shaky.

Some of my old manuals list powders that are obsolete.

Probably 7 or 8 different calibers of rifles. Bunch of shotguns and pistols. Rarely shoot anymore but told my wife that there was no way I was going to get rid of any of my guns or shooting paraphernalia.

I keep an old 7.7 Jap rifle in the country. Grandson dug it out last month as shot a dang big hog. I think I probably built that ammo 40 or so years ago.

My goal this year is to get a pig with my Swedish Mauser. Of course, it will be have to be close because, without a scope, all bets are off.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP