Originally Posted by Snipe
Originally Posted by FishinRod
If you don't see any other BG on beds, then you definitely have a lack of appropriate spawning habitat.

Snipe, was the quote above, the worst advice in my post? (Especially, the use of the word "definitely"?)

I was mainly trying to help with his observations. If/when he sees the BG on the habitat he created, then he knows that is a good time to survey the rest of the pond and see if he can find the existing places that the BG prefer.

I believe the BG will spread out their spawning over the calendar, but I thought it would still be valuable for we amateur observers to have a clue of WHEN to start looking at the rest of the pond.

Originally Posted by Snipe
I have yet to figure out where they successfully bedded but I have 1/2' to 1.25" BG everywhere.

Your observation above should actually have been the first thing we asked the OP, since the presence of small BG is proof of successful spawning.

Snipe, were you able to observe the small BG in your ponds just in the course of your normal pond management chores, or did you mainly observe them by catching them in your fish traps?

nvcdl,

Your original post expresses concern about your BG and bass spawn and recruitment. What is the range of sizes that you catch and/or observe for each of these species?

(I fear that I previously put the cart before the horse! Trying to salvage the thread for you.)