You indicate that the pond is 3 acres and that you can pump 125,000 gal/day. An acre-foot is 325,851 gal, so 3 acre-feet is 977,553 gal, and 3-acre inches is 81,463 gal., so you should be able to add over 1.5" per day if adding 125,000 gal. If you are only able to add 0.5" per day with 125,000 gal, then a lot seems to be leaking out, even considering the need to saturate the soil and evaporation. Are others getting the same numbers? Does this look like a big leak to others? However, you indicated that you filled the pond in 30 days (at 125,000 gal per day), which is a total number of gallons of 3,750,000, which would add about 3.8 feet to a 3 acre pond with no leaks or the slope of the pond basin must be very shallow. I must be doing some of the calculations wrong or am making a flawed assumption? I am thinking that it is the slope of the basin that accounts for the majority of my numbers not being a good estimate? In the end, if its leaking, then somewhere in the basin, the clay liner must be broken. BTW, my 4th pond has a leak, but I know that I had sand veins which I apparently did not seal up well enough, so I can sympathize with your situation and wish you well. In my case, I'll wait a couple years before investing in polymer because there are no guarantees.

Last edited by RAH; 09/12/22 03:14 PM.