I have a 0.64 acre pond with an average depth of 6.8'. It is about 17' in the deepest spot. The pond is about 35 years old and has been in various states of weediness. I dredged it out three years ago and got most of the muck out, but it probably had about 2' of muck remaining in the deepest areas that I could not reach. I have had no FA this year, but the pond has a milky green color. I am assuming I have a combination of planktonic algae and suspended clay. I have three Vertex diffusers running and am currently raising the diffusers off the bottom because I think they may be contributing to the turbidity. I sprayed 264 pounds of aluminum sulfate in a slurry with pond water over the pond yesterday. The clarity was 12" before treatment and 18" this morning. The ph was 9.4 before spraying and 8.4 this morning. I am concerned about the high ph level as well as the cloudy water. I am considering another alum treatment and/or the addition of Floc-logs. The pond is in eastern Iowa near the Quad Cities. Any ideas about how to deal with the high ph or cloudy water would be appreciated.

Last edited by Howie; 09/06/22 02:07 PM.