I am not a pro like these guys but here is what I would do and have done. I am in tennessee and I am building new pond this month that will be nearly 1/2 acre and 7 to 8 foot deep. I would put in 10lbs Fat Head Minnows and 200 RES this fall and feed them Purina Aquamaxx starter. The minnows love it and the RES, ( to me), have time to learn to eat the pellets which will help you later. Early next spring if you are in Miss. I would stock 200 to 300 Copper Nose Bluegill ( best thing I have done in my other pond), keep feeding Aquamaxx starter for at least a month. When your CNBG get up to 3 to 4 inches. Buy Optimal Jr. food and mix with Aquamaxx until you stock your bass in the early summer. Then mix optimal jr. with Optimal bluegill food, when you stock bass. I would stock 50 to 75 bass. It is just me but I would not stock any catfish at all.

I am no pro but my pond has worked great and the key is feeding. You have to feed them like cattle everyday. Just my 2 cents hope it helps. Guys on this forum are great!