Originally Posted by FishinRod
Good work, SG!

Looks like a nice place for deer to transit now that you have cleaned it up.

Do you own a brushcutter? I have a Husqvarna 345FR just for situations like that. You clip it into a harness so the weight is on your hips, rather than your shoulders and back.

In addition to working on slopes, I use it for small cedars. I used to have to cut several branches before I could reach the cedar trunks with my chainsaw. Now I can just walk in with the brushcutter and get most of them with one swipe.

Sounds like the right tool for this job. I’ll have to look around for a used one. I have the blade attachment for my weed eater. It’s a heavy duty one with the straight shaft. I haven’t tried it on Russian Olives though. The section I still have to clear isn’t that big, but I sure wish I could just back the tractor with the brush hog on it, down that slope. Just too steep for me. I figure I’ll get down there, and won’t be able to get back up. Another rescue job that will entertain my neighbors for years.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023