Thanks for the replies.

The stocking numbers in the original post are assuming that we fertilize. I went by the numbers recommended in the Mississippi publication linked by ewest, scaled to half an acre. Should we add more FHM?

Also, after researching some more, it doesn't look like we will be able to fertilize until spring. (water is still muddy and still needs liming, which apparently takes awhile to dissolve unless we want to mess with quicklime.) If we are going to fertilize but can't do so until water gets to 60 degrees in spring, should we still stock double in the fall? Or just stick to unfertilized stocking rates?

That publication talks about how bass/bream ponds are more difficult to manage for ponds smaller than one acre. Due to how easy it is to overharvest bass. We'd still like to try, unless someone talks me off the ledge here. We're fine with sticking to catch and release for bass. I'm just having trouble deciding how many bass to add. Mississippi publication says 1:10 bass to bream as a rule of thumb, but that is for larger ponds, so I settled on 20 bass initially which would be 1:25.