Thanks for the detailed response! I suppose I could figure a way to vent the box from the bottom to top as you suggest. Thanks.

I have not depth gauged the pond yet, though I keep meaning to, but there is a pole gauge in the middle of the pond which supposedly denotes the maximum depth at 15 or 16 feet. However the minimal depth gauging I have performed indicates the average depth is likely 4-10 feet. I do recall that when my grandfather dug the pond, he built a finger out near the area where the pole gauge is planted so I might assume that he dug a bit deeper as he removed the finger (by that time he had both a 50ft excavator and a 70ft dragline). That said, my current aeration pads are set in 7ft. water, placed in 3gal buckets with 3" of stone ballast.

The outlook you give concerning the vegetation is bleak. I cannot say I wish to hear that so forgive me if I sound argumentative when I say that this pond was quite clean and pleasant for many years, perhaps a couple decades. True to say that the terrestrial vegetation was much more manicured at the time and I am working towards getting back to that quality. I also plan to have my dad use our long reach excavator to dredge the perimeter and working out some sort of scheme to buy, rent or build some sort of "hydro rake" that may mechanically remove aquatic vegetation. I think that if I was able to remove mass quantities of vegetation then afterwards I could somewhat easily begin pumping out the muck. I have been in talks with my dad about getting the topsoil screener back running to possibly convert weeds and muck into usable compost, otherwise we have ample room to stockpile the materials. If you could advise on that aspect, I'd greatly appreciate it.

In other efforts, I am inching closer to re-initializing the lift pump/water fountain/waterfall which should help to add a bit more surface aeration. I have also been shopping for an excavator mounted flail mower and rake bucket that may be used to keep the shoreline maintained. In the meantime, I will be removing another 300ft of trees from the west edge before fall (wind comes from the west) which I hope will reduce much of the leaf collection. I have already found indications that a 110v power outlet is hidden within the tree area I plan on clearing so possibly I could use that to add another aerator pump in the spring.

I am posting another aerial image that I have done some sketching on to clarify some of the pond's surroundings. Thanks again.[Linked Image]

Attached Images
Keway Property Pond System 1.png