Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by PAfarmPondPGH69
We (well the other half) registered as a Monarch waystation and ordered caterpillars. We have lots of field milkweed but no swamp milkweed. I'm looking to improve habitat at low cost and any tax credits along the way. I'd love to do a few acres of wildflowers but not ready to spend the $$$$ on seeds.

Does PA have any state dollars available for that?

I am amazed at some of the oddly specific programs that can be found in the Kansas agency websites.

Our Forest Service also used to have a Butterfly Bundle. It was very well designed to include bushes and wildflowers that would provide blooms throughout the entire season for the main native species of butterflies. I thought it was a brilliant idea, because the included plants bloomed sequentially.

With some research, you (or your wife) might be able to devise your own version applicable to your region.

I have not looked into much beyond "clean and green" for tax breaks. Any sort of tax break or free/discounted seeds and I'd be happy to implement. I have about 20 acres that I will mow annually and another 15 I mow as grass. I could put that to better use.