I wanted to add a few things I have tried since my last post. We took an old metal box spring and drug about 1/3 of the pond. It was a long arduous process using 600ft of the floating 1/4 inch nylon yellow rope that I already had on hand(Harbor Freight $20), a 650lb pulley, shackle, 4x4 truck and atv. This seemed to work well for cutting the submerged weeds but would be more practical in a 3/4 acre pond or smaller. I did use the 6 ft wide drag with a tow chain to clear about 1/2 of the shoreline around the pond and it worked very well removing all plant life completely. This experience led me to the conclusion that I need something much wider than 6ft. My next try will be with a 20 foot length of rebar in 1/2 or 5/8 inch tied at both ends and every 5 foot connecting to the shackle and then to the pull rope which goes through the pulley attached to the truck then to the atv or utv. If this doesn’t give satisfactory results I will incorporate a hog panel. On a separate note, hoping Augie reads this, my oldest son was able to remove about 250 BG hanging the z trap off the dock ladder baited with old bread.