My neighbor has a pond, but she never sealed it so if it rains hard, it fills up... but it never holds the water. She loves to talk about how it was designed by a "renowned professional" heh... but I rarely see water in it. There is a pond down the road that is really small, but always has water. Unfortunately, he also never takes care of it so always overgrown with some sort of moss :P

I have not taken samples yet, and will, but I am early in the process atm. Either way, I think I have solid options and if I am able to drill this well, I will have what most have not done yet which is a constant source of water. The key will be, as you state, the soil and sealing if needed. I also do not want my pump to be running 24/7 as that is not sustainable either.

So, one step at a time. When it comes time to dig, I will have called around to find someone willing to take the dirt. Hopefully, they will pay something for it, maybe even dig it out lol.. never know.. we will see. Right now, gotta get the well.

Oh, and sorry, will move a thread into a different forum as this has gone way further than howdy :P

Good talk though.. and I love talking about a pond heh

R