Sorry guys, been up to my ears in planning and reading and other schtuph wink

Welp... I live outside of Bastrop, TX, so more central than East. I am planning on digging a well specifically for the pond, we are on city water so this would be only for the pond. We get the normal amount, or lack thereof...heh, of rain, but my neighbor has a dry hole she has had for years that cannot seem to hold water even though it fills up at least every other year, if not yearly.

Most the water goes from our yard and runs down to hers, so if I do this right, she can still get run-off when it overflows or rains, and this should not take from her.

I figure a dam type pond is not what I am looking for, more of a hole pond... since the elevation slopes away from my house, I should be able to dig downwards and then add a berm or something with a release. Either way, I will leave the digging and placement to an expert so as to make sure to be solid.

The question I am researching, since I have limited room, is how to "size" the pond. If I build what I am planning, it is.. about ..call it 30k sq ft of pond, give or take. Seems like it is small when you think of it as less than 3/4, but I painted the ground where I am looking to put it and.. you would have to really try to cast across it.. heh

I plan to add some sort of water feature, like a waterfall, on one side, plus at least 1 water feature on the other side like a water fountain/sprayer etc to help keep circulation and temp in control. Again, will defer to the experts that help me design it and that dig it to figure out what works best.

I also want a small covered pier just for sitting and/or fishing on... not blocking the view, just to not have to stand in the grass etc.

I have 2 really good sides that should make great shallow areas for the kids and dogs plus for the fish, while also having some nice areas for the deep sections.

Anyway, we will see if it is all a pipe dream or if I have the space etc to make it happen heh.. right now, just having fun drawing out ideas.

I also am looking for real pond gurus in my area. We have had horrible luck with local contractors heh.. so, if anyone lives in the area or knows of a good fishing pond developer/designer, pass the name my way please;)

RB

Last edited by ArbyTX; 07/31/22 02:18 PM.