I thought I would say hello, as I peruse the forums. I am sure I will have questions, but right now, I am reading my "Just add Water" and I am sure a lot of them will be answered there.

Long time lurker, but it has been a while, I admit. Due to the Texas heat, I thought I would get a pool, but the wife says "I would rather have a pond than a pool" and I went, "well...... allllrighty then".. heh.

Anyway, I do not have a ton of room, so.. to keep the trees I have, I think I am limited to about a 1/2 acre pond. I would give almost anything for a larger one, but I still have 3 dogs and they need room to roam so... I have to be realistic. Not sure how well it will all fit, but.. eh, we will see as I move through the "planning phase" and learn what the land will say I actually can afford to use.

Also, with only 1/2 acre.. I am sure my limits on "big fish" and species will also be limited, but I think if I can enjoy a nice view... life will be fine wink

Anyway, just saying hello.

Thanks for the book and all the great info I am sure I will find.

Arby

Oh, let me see if I can post a photo of what I am debating... just because it is fun to do lol Attached an image of the initial layout idea... not sure if it shows up.

Attached Images
pond1.jpg