Yeah it's been bad here in Missouri but then I see what's going on in Texas and that's truly horrifying.

My pond is down about a foot vertically. My water has turned green which I had never seen before. There could be several "possible reasons for this and I'm not sure if it's something I need to worry about and try to correct. I also don't know if the drop in water level or the extended heat factors in to it.

The heat and dry conditions are worrisome. Lots of plant life burning up but it's funny to see the ring of beautiful bright green grass extending a few yards up the mowed banks around the pond. That ground is still sucking up pond water. I use a semi-trash pump to pump water out of my pond every couple of days to soak the gardens. First year I've done that and they are the best I've ever had here so far despite the heat, lol.

The only major fish kill we had in the 18 years we've lived on this property was during a similar stretch of extended hot, dry weather which dropped the pond level over two feet, maybe three. That was at least ten years ago.