Thanks all for the thoughtful feedback I really appreciate it!

Sunil - Thanks that makes sense I should clean it up a bit before I sink any more money into throwing other fish at the problem. I'm having trouble finding the post again but I thought I read one guy put in (4) CC in a 1 acre pond and in one year didn't have any bullhead left. If they wouldn't decimate the population I'd be interested in tossing them in. for the Pike or other esox species, do they not get as prolific in number as say LMB would?

@catscratch - I'm reading that even at my small size as long as I get above the magic temp number, which it seems like I will at this rate, CC will spawn. I've got some trees down in the pond and if structure was valuable it would take me half a day to drop a bunch of trees and brush in. Im on 30 wooded acres so manufactured cover would be easy to come by.

jpsdad - its a good question about the ponds history. I don't know much about it, and the house changed hands several times in the last few years so all historical knowledge was lost. As for clues, I kind of suspect there have been some heavy kills that might have knocked off everyone but the bullhead. Previous owners left a bunch of algaecide in the basement, I haven't seen any algae issues so presumably the conditions have changed over time - adding that to Bill Cody's comment about fewer BH improving water clarity and increasing algae - maybe those things go together, Im not sure. For the Esox species - would I have to harvest those heavily to keep numbers in check or would those be somewhat self limiting? As for harvesting the BH as is, man they are tiny with a lot of work to clean for a little bit of meat. For 80 lbs/year that'll probably be a couple hundred fish at this size, but I suppose thats what it takes. There's at least one lunker in there that has come up for pellets, we call her big bertha.

BEPA - I actually looked up IOWEGIANS thinking it was the latin name for some species I'd never heard of, you got me there. We've eaten a few but it sounds like not the right way since so many people say they taste good!

Bill - thanks for the insight - seems like everyone agrees I need to heavily cull as bare minimum. Do you think an NP-YP-BH with bonus brown trout would be stable? Would I still need to manually intervene frequently on one or more of them?

Part of me wants to add SMB, YP, FHM, Crayfish, YP, and CC in small amounts and just see how it goes, but i suppose I should be a bit more intentional than that.

Thanks again!