Thanks, Ross. I hadn't realized how close our places really are, the only Winona I've ever heard of is Winona Ryder! My pond is just a few miles east of Hallsville. Gives me some hope I can replicate your results.

I started with pure Floridas, but they stunted due to lack of food (long story, dumb tax involved). Probably a few jumpers survived, but eventually had to stock northern strain to clear out all the small LMB. Stocked 250 F1 in 2020, but that's a lot less per acre than you've done. I was leery of stocking too many since I already struggle with excess LMB & must cull aggressively.

There's an interesting article in the May/June PB Magazine on the topic of LMB stocking to enhance genetics, in particular whether smaller numbers of 6 to 8" pure Floridas are best or larger numbers of F1 fingerlings. From your results at very similar locale, I think maybe would be smart for me to add a few larger pure Floridas. Preferably fin clipped females so they don't get harvested!

You'd be welcome to visit my place sometime, especially when the weather cools a bit in fall. I'd love to learn more about your techniques for deep water angling, something I rarely do. And culling small LMB is always on the menu! Also would be interested in any suggestions you might have. I'll PM you with contact info if you are interested.