Originally Posted by 1997pond
- BG size appears to jump from large (I'm guessing the survivors of the orignal 150 stocking of 4-5" BG) to those that are ~5" and smaller. There appears to be an even distribution in sizes below the 5" based on observation, fishing, and minnow trap catches. Hopefully that answers the "how many" question from a proportional count perspective.

OK so the reason I asked is because once the BG recruits get to 2.5" they are resistant to predation for your current population of LMB. In other words, they aren't prey. To complicate matters, they compete with the original BG and will undermine their growth. So yes, those in this size range can be culled and repurposed as chunk/strip food for the LMB. This past weekend my son & I spotted a big catfish cruising and so we chunked a 4" bg in 3/8 inch crosscuts. But on the first two casts LMB took the falling chunks ... one ~8" and the other ~ 10". After the LMB we were able to get a chunk to bottom where he caught the big CC. So yes, LMB will take chunks of BG (even hotdogs) without any training. But I think if done frequently and regularly that you would probably get some reliable takers. If already feed trained, the leap isn't far at all.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers