Went by the pond yest and I guess the feeder had been empty for a day or so, the fish were going nuts for feed when I filled it, more then I had seen in a while, I don't feed very much, just a 6 second flurry once a day in one corner of 15 acres you wouldn't think would make much difference but they love some free food, what I did notice lately are LMB at the feeder, a month ago I noticed a couple floating around and grabbing a pellet or two when I tossed out some feed but yesterday there were a bunch of them right in the middle of it grabbing their share of the grub. I have one little cove in the pond with reasonably shallower water and the BG spawn all summer long it seems in the point of it. I love tossing some feed in above the nesting area and the little suckers churn the water to get to it.

Also been seeing a few cormorants making them selves at home on a brushpile on the pond. they have a predictable weird way of flying away, the pond is surrounded by tall trees on hillsides except for the dam area so they take of and circle a few laps to get above the treetops to take off, their line of flight brings them conveniently close by the dock, I can get a closer look at them as they fly by, if you know what I mean. there don't seem to be as many hanging around as there used to be, maybe they are migrating on.
Also pretty much confirmed that the purple martins have nested in one of my homemade wood duck boxes, have seen them on it before but they were sitting in the doorway yesterday, female or juveniles, love that, i been wanting to put purple martin house out for a couple yrs but never have.

Last edited by gehajake; 06/18/22 09:50 AM.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.