I throw a cast net regularly to check things out. I've never caught anything besides bluegill and LMB. I brought out some corn the other day caught a few bluegill pretty quickly with a pole and hook. While floating around on my floating platform i saw a decent sized fish come to the surface with it's lips poking out of the water (like normal carp do). The fish appeared to have multiple whiskers. It could have been grass, but it was on both sides of its mouth. The fish did not appear golden or silver like normal carp or grass carp do, so I'm guessing it might have been a koi that has gotten MUCH larger than when i put them in.

I added more gypsum to my test jar before work yesterday morning and when i got home it had cleared up significantly. It is still not as clear as what alum does.

I'm going to work on eliminating the koi for now.

one more question....I know that if you don't add enough alum you've wasted what you've added, its all or nothing. Is Gypsum the same? Can i throw out 4 bags each time I visit my pond? OR do i have to put out four tons all on the same day?

thanks