So I recently installed one of those lights that swats bugs into the water. I checked and it's not one of the PB sponsers, so I won't name names, but from my research the concept is pretty similar, brand to brand. I always wanted to try one and the wife and kids gave me one as an early father's day present.
It's been running ~ 2 weeks now. Has a photocell on top, so comes on after dark, off in morning. First night, the BG found it and were happy to suck up all the bugs hitting the water. Also saw a few of our jumbo sized GSH (golden shiner, in case I'm using the wrong acronym). I would walk down and observe every few nights, but I can also use some bino's and see the water under the light from the house. Pretty good crowd of fish each night. I decided to walk down a couple nights ago, since the crowd seemed a bit bigger. To my surprise, the group was almost fully BCP! 6-10" fish. Slurping down bugs like hogs at the trough. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since BCP routinely eat bugs. I just didn't expect to see them in such numbers. And I had always wondered if they would use at fish/bug light like this. So that answer is yes! Might me another way to help those PB members trying to raise BCP. Lots of forum discussions on BCP not training to pellets. Maybe this could be a way to supply a little extra to your BCP growth?

[video:youtube]
[/video]

"Politics": derived from 'poly' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.