ML and RS :

I checked with a couple of my geologist buddies and they said that limestone from which agg. lime is made often has clay , sand . quartz , dirt and other stuff in it. They also thought that it would be hard to get these out unless you were talking about hydrated lime which is different. So I guess it might work depending on where the limestone came from and what else was in the limestone to start with. I don't think it would be my first or second or even third choice. But around here we could use the lime even if it didn't work.

ML I bet you do as good or better of a job with your ponds as anyone on this site. You are right that a pond can leak and it not be the contractors fault. I think that is why they won't give a written warranty. I have asked before and I thought they were going to laugh. But you are right about asking and I will keep asking. All the more reason to get a reputable contractor who takes pride in his work and reputation. We have a pond that we recently raised the dam on and it has , I think some minor sepage. Watching it to decide what to do if anything. Thanks--ewest