Unfortunately that would mean they would just be northerns opposed to the f1s which had exciting potential.
I'm concerned the potential for growth is only possible with unlimited forage of the right size. ASF is a strong organization, and I would defer to their recommendations, but "is this what they recommend"???

How can I best maximize survival of bluegill fry? Will other adult bluegill consume eggs or fry? Is there a way to minimize this?
Yeah.. don't push too hard. Good things take time, and if I had 1 piece of advice that I thought would be the most important thing to say, It would be "be patient".. as mentioned here or maybe another thread- It takes time for the food chain to fully develop- answer to growing EVERYTHING.
I'm not in your location so stocking rates and timing are different, but a good fishery isn't built overnight and a great fishery takes a few more days...

How can I best maximize survival of bluegill fry?

Dense cover, lots of it, in 1-3' water, but those fry need to have less cover as bass are introduced so they have good access, but you still need "some" fry protection.

Last edited by Snipe; 06/10/22 09:41 AM.