I’ve thought about trying to raise it but my research is telling me I would just be feeding the water table I’m pulling from.

I’m going to keep researching how to get rid of the pond weed. When I put the aerator in I was under the impression that the reassign for my problem was a mix of things. Rich nutrient environment (pond muck), high levels of carbon dioxide, (pond muck) and light.

So I started using Muck away, dying the water, and put in an aerator. I had heard that the reason you don’t see plants in moving water is because it carries too much oxygen. That might be true, but I think the muck is still too much for the aerator to combat. I’ve tried sprays, but it keeps coming back. I even bought a ninja grappling hook and tried hauling it out with any luck. I think it’s just going to be a long battle and not something I can do in just a year. Maybe once I get the muck under control I can wade out when the water is low and pull it.

I have never thought about fertilizer inputs. It is feed by 2 streams in the winter. I’ll look into that.

I’ll research the catfish. I’ve been looking into minnows, bluegill, and crawdads. Not sure if they will eat salamanders, but the pond is full of those.

I get this one under control and there’s another pond on the property I’m doing next. It’s just a small guy. I’ve seen larger swimming pools, but it used to grow some big bass. Not sure how they could get so big in such a small area. It’s a good 15/20 feet cold, shaded, and the water level doesn’t drop. That’s still a few years out.