What exactly is this stuff? Is it safe to use? It’s not lime so what is it and what will it do to my water? This product has pond application directions but I have no idea what it actually is or if it’s a bad idea to try.

Active Ingredient Calcium - 25.08% Magnesium - 0.37% Calcium Oxide Equivalent - 35.11% Calcium Carbonate - 62.7% Magnesium Carbonate - 1.29%

I sent a water sample off yesterday to figure out my turbidity problem and was assuming I need a couple tons of lime. I know I should wait for the results but I was just trying to plan in advance because I’m pretty sure it needs it. The problem I have is that I can’t seem to find a spreader truck or a boat capable of carrying tons of lime and a trash pump around here. My co-ops only rent buggies that are axel driven and my farmer friends aren’t willing to fire up their PTO units until next Feb/Mar.

My pond is only a little over an acre. Any suggestions on where to hire someone at a reasonable price? Southeastern Pond Management is closest place I know of and it is 185 miles away and have a 25 ton minimum at $2500 plus $2+ a mile. I’m in Escambia county Alabama which is about an hour north of Mobile and the coast.