FishingRod:

Bob Lusk said that the LMB in Texas have the same length of growing season as the fish do here in the Midwest. Not only do the LMB not grow much in the winter, they don't grow much if the water gets too hot too. The hot water in the summer is a Texas problem that we here in Indiana don't have. So, the early winters and late Spring cool water up here is offset by the hot water down there. At least that's the way I understand it.

CA can have the same hot weather, but maybe not for as long of a time. I have seen 115°F daytime temps out there in Ca. BUT it cools down significantly at night. I didn't have an A/C system in the house and there was only a few days in the 10 years I was out there that I really wished I had A/C. Even with 100°F daytime temps., it would cool down to the 60's at night. Desert temp swings..... So, after I installed a couple of 2x4 opening skylights in the ranch style house, I'd open the windows, open the skylights and the house would cool down pretty quickly at night. I had a double wide front door, 2 sets of sliding doors in the master bedroom and a sliding door at the back of the house. LOTS of air would move through the house even if there wasn't much of a breeze.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).