Please don't hate me with my newbie question. I live on a small 3/4 acre property. I'm a former landscape guy, who's landscaped and built ponds. I actually just finished a small pond on my front yard, it's more for looks and bait. I installed a waterfall, a couple of fountains, and lit it up. But my pond in the front is again for looks (landscape.) It's only 10 x 15 feet.

I have an area in the back, but not a whole lot of room to play with due to structures and things on our property.

If I wanted a pond for just afternoon fishing and relaxing and feeding a family of (3) at the dinner table only at night. How big of a pond would I need? Species would be Channel Cats I think.

I'm only playing with about 70 feet in length x 30 feet wide. How many catfish could I stock. How many would it produce throughout the year? Or how many lbs would it produce throughout the year? Would it be enough to feed only a family of 3 at the dinner table at night or is that a stupid question.

Again, forgive me if it's a stupid question or if I don't have enough room for what I'm trying to do. I'm new to the fish stocking thing. There's another 1/4 acre of empty un-maintained land behind us that I'd love to have, but the old man that owns it won't sell it to us, nor maintain it. lol