Originally Posted by GT3RS
Update; tried fishing for HBG and LMB and nothing...

Worked almost every lure that I have.

Any other thoughts?

Thoughts: I believe I have read multiple reports on the forum from people that have stocked HSB in their ponds and have caught few to zero over a few years and thought they were all gone. They later caught several in a single season.

I conclude that in some ponds the HSB may be very difficult to catch on hook and line. Therefore, your failure to catch any may, or may not, indicate they are all gone.

I have also fished for LMB in ponds as a kid and had a trip with results like: a crappie, two big GSF, a channel cat, and zero LMB. Three weeks later I would reluctantly go with my father to try again, and we would catch 50 LMB - and my faith in that pond would be restored!.

It is certainly possible to get catch zero LMB on a pond that has them, over a short time period. However, I believe you WILL catch LMB at some point over an entire annual cycle if they still reside in your pond. I would keep fishing the pond when you have the chance before drawing a firm conclusion.

Regardless, you are getting some good advice on "fixing" the situation at your pond.

Good luck on getting your pond back into a healthy fish haven!