Im loving this thread myself, I have 4 duck boxes out on my lake, 2 homemade out of 8 inch pvc pipe and 2 of the duck huts, I have them about 6 ft above the water on 2" steel pipe bolted down to a tree stump that I cut off about 2' above the water, I'll get some pictures, I have had them out for this would be the second season now and don't think I have had any success yet. I should have a reasonably desirable environment at my pond, I have several acres of standing timber flooded out when I built the pond, I put the duck boxes sorta on the edges between open water and woods but shaded during the hottest part of the day.
I already have wood ducks staying and hatching at the pond, Ive seen the young, for several yrs and the other day again I observed a male wood duck floating around by himself in the middle of the day so I am convinced she is on a nest somewhere. the pond is only several yrs old so the flooded timber is not that old and rotten enough yet to be nesting material yet except maybe a really old dead tree or two that were dead long before the water filled up, 1 of them looks like it may have some duck sized cavities.
Really liking the live stream,, hoping I can get to find out when they hatch and climb out of the nest!
This pond is in north central MO btw. Randolph county

Last edited by gehajake; 05/21/22 11:39 AM.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.