I’m building a new pond behind my old pond. The pond is at my ranch which is 2 hours from where I live so I can only check on it on the weekends. The plan is to build the new pond, re-dig the old pond and then connect the two together. I showed up at the end of week-one of the build. Everything looked great just like we planned. But then the contractor said, “We made a mistake on the transit and we have to raise the damn 4’ tall”. I didn’t think a bunch about it. My thought was the deeper the better.

Then I showed back up this weekend at the end of week two and realized that the damn is actually four feet higher. It wasn’t pushed out and then made 4’ higher. It just goes up at a very steep slope. Instead of the 3-1 slope it looks like 1-1. Then in the middle of the pond it’s a big drop off and the middle is dug out 25’ deep (I ran a string line across the pond and pulled a tape measure across it to verify.

What are your thoughts? Attached are some pictures. Please help!!!! The white PVC pole in one of the pictures is nearly sticking up out of the ground 10’ tall and it’s only about 15’ from the fill line.

Attached Images
Pond Pic 1.JPG Pond Pic 2.JPG Pond Pic 3.JPG Pond Pic 4.JPG Pond Pic 5.JPG Pond Pic 7.JPG Pond Pic 6.JPG
Last edited by thatdoggjake; 05/20/22 11:10 PM. Reason: Addition of Pictures