My guess is if you start putting some daily feed out, within a couple weeks you will have fish feeding. If nothing else, you will have a bunch of feed trained turtles.

I can promise you I did not stock any feed trained turtles, but I have a bunch that have feed trained themselves. I think you will find at least some fish will get the idea pretty quickly.

Mine come to the "thump, thump" of my Polaris General side by side. When I was hand feeding off my dock regularly, my footsteps on the dock became the "food is on the table" call for my fish. If you do something consistently that they can associate with feed availability, they will come. Any time I ride around the pond in the Polaris I see fish wakes coming toward the sound around the shore line. I know everyone says feed the same time each day. That is probably best, but my hand feeding schedule is very erratic, but boy do they know the sound of the dinner bell when I drive out there, early morning till dusk. So my fish have become accustomed to a different kind of consistency.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine