I believe there are 10 guides that work out of the marina we used. Only five(?) were booked on the day that we fished.

We all split up to start the day. After 20" at our first spot, our guide talked with two other guides. We then sped down to a different spot to join up with one of the other charters. The fishing at the second spot was significantly better.

I think they know to chase the forage. However, the guides were a little tight-lipped about how they find the stripers when I asked my typical 20 questions. Of course, taking out charters is their livelihood.

P.S. I don't even know what brand of boat we were in. (You might be able to tell from the previous pic with my father holding up fish.) There was just a deep well in the boat with no transverse seat benches at all. It was very easy for me to fish, but then pop up out of my seat and reach my father if he needed any help. That style of boat would also be awesome if you were trying to fish with a couple of smaller grandkids since it was very easy to move back and forth in the boat.